Artist in residency: SEBASTIEN SZCZYRK at ZeroStation Unknown May 19, 2014 No Comment

ZeroStation would like to inform to you. Since 13-19 Nov 2011, SEBASTIEN SZCZYRK, a French artist whose art practice goes from visual researches to sound experimentations will participate in our Packed Art Residency Program

ZeroStation would like to inform to you. Since 13-19 Nov 2011, SEBASTIEN SZCZYRK, a French artist whose art practice goes from visual researches to sound experimentations will participate in our Packed Art Residency Program, which is a short-term art residency (normally from 3-7 days living and working) program at ZeroStation. In his art residency time, SEBASTIEN SZCZYRK will create an open workshop and a small-size concert as his final art product at ZeroStation. More detailed info about his workshop and final concert will be updated very soon!
Below is something about SEBASTIEN SZCZYRK, written by artist himself. 
I come from the North Eastern part of France. After my studies at the School of Fine Arts in Mulhouse, I graduated from the Beaux-Arts in Paris with honors in 2005.
My work is a multi-disciplinary one, and goes from my visual researches to my sound experimentations.
Graphical work
Being an artist, drawing lines and collage is the most focused subject of my researches. In my graphic work, I always emphasizes on spontaneity and re-interpretation of daily happenings. Each drawing is a research of my personal resentment and become a part, “a frame” of my memories.
During the exhibitions, I try to compose an art-space in order to create a kind of “scenario of memories” to the audience. Through the images, it allow the viewers to construct their own narrative experience according to their personal past history.
Sound art
Since the beginning of my sound art work, I used to records sounds from the surrounding. Since then, I always have a good sound recorder in my bag and enjoy listening and analyzing every sound around me. Across the sound performances, I had created an idea about sound traveling to the audience, to create a soundscape between the limit of realistic sound and abstract one. I would like to direct the audience into a temporal narrative experience: “a narrative poetic dreamy travel”. Just like life, we encounter different moments after one another, with different moods and feelings.
Drawing and sound performances
When I was a child, I used drawings to communicate with other kids, it created connections with my entourage. Until now, I still had a strong feeling in my mind about my first drawing. Drawing to me, it’s more like a present, a message, a souvenir and a link between humans. I always wanted to reconcile my two media attraction; drawing and sound art into a multi-disciplinary art project.
Since year 2010, I started to use real-time drawing projection to present my work by using projector, computer drawing software’s and the Wacom drawing pen tablet, which evolves with sound into multimedia performances.
During live performances, I tried to create a narrative combination between sounds and drawings: as a means of leading the audience into an imaginary tales. I'm currently working on my art project using the name “Un Escargot Vide ?", "1escV?" (An empty snail?)
Exhibitions (Solo)
2011 May : “Un escargot vide ?”, Shimimurasaki Art Cafe, Kyoto, Japan
2010 October : “Satu siput kosong ?”, Survive Garage, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
2010 September : “Un escargot vide ?”, Acci cocci Gallery, Sadogashima, Japan
2010 August : “Recette”, Alliance FrancaiseDenpasar, Bali, Indonesia
2009 October : “Un escargot vide ?”, PariSalz Gallery, Neukölln, Berlin, Germany
2009 September : “Un escargot vide ?”, Orblight Cafe, Ikejirioohashi, Tokyo, Japan
2009 August : “Un escargot vide ?”, Sabon Cafe, Kyoto, Japan
Exhibitions (Group)
2011 January : “Elsie else provisoire”, Gallery 59 Rivoli, Paris, France
2010 November : “From here to ear... Insonoresonance”Outerspace Gallery, Makati, Manila, Philippine
2010 July : “Second taste of reality and sunyata”Kedai kebun forum, Yogyakarta, Indonesia (work in collaboration with Greg Sindana)
2009 November : “Crayon et Papier”Galerie ma collection, Paris, France (work in collaboration with Yu-Chien Wu)
2008 October : “Cristal – Utopie”, Korean culture center, Paris, France (work in collaboration with Argentinelee and Luc Hespel)
2007 July : “Power Tower Paris-Busan”, Soul Art Space, Busan, South Korea
2007 June : “Sarayevo, Memory and Communication”, Shiga Art creation hall Shiga, Japan
2006 May : Sound installation “sans-titremai en escalier”, Museum of ENSBA, Paris, France Drawing and sound performances 2011 september : “1escV?” YAK, Seoul, South Korea
2011 June : “1escV?”, Urbanguild, Kyoto, Japan 2011 June : “1escV?”, Bun-meiIdabashi, Tokyo, Japan
2011 June : “1escV?”, Oichiai Soup, Tokyo, Japan
2011 May : “1escV?”, Laughingtree gallery, Seoul, South Korea
2011 April “Treasure terrace”, THAV, Taipei, Taiwan (work in collaboration with Yujun Ye and Nuning)
2011 April : “1escV?” Socrates, Kyoto, Japan
2011 April : “live cinema”, DogPig Art Cafe, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
2011 February : “1escV?” Theaterkapelle, Berlin, Germany (work in collaboration with Emi Uda)
2011 January : “1escV?”,59 Rivoli, Paris, France
2010 December : “Cube”, THAV, Taipei, Taiwan (work in collaboration with Minhee Park)
2010 December : “1escV?", Wolong29, Taipei, Taiwan
2010 November : “un escargot vide ?”,Parallax Studios, Makati, Philippines
2010 September : “un escargot vide ?”, Oichiai Soup, Tokyo, Japan
2010 September : “Lacking sound festival”, Nanhai gallery, Taipei, Taiwan
-- >-----( o .. o )------<
www.unescargotvide.eu
www.facebook.com/1escV
www.facebook.com/sautelcago
http://twitter.com/sautel
--------------
by Jillur Rahman

Jillur Rahman is a Web designers. He enjoys to make blogger templates. He always try to make modern and 3D looking Templates. You can by his templates from Themeforest.

Follow him @ Twitter | Facebook | Google Plus

No Comment